Wednesday, January 28, 2015

just call me mamá ky

Well, this week was pretty crazy! I was really grateful to work with my companion from the MTC, Hermana Christensen for a few days until we went to Neuquén to get our companions. It was really fun, and we did lots of great visits. Then, we went to Neuquén and had a very long, productive day. I am very excited to be training, and still a little bit lost, but I am sure that it will start to come more naturally as we start to work more. My compi is Hermana Soto from Guadalajara Mexico and is super great. She reminds me of someone I know, but I can't think of who it could be. She told me that it's because we knew we'd be companions in the premortal existence. I believe it.. (: She is hyped to be here to work, and definitely feeling some homesickness, so keep her in your prayers! But we are goign to baptized all of Zapala so don't you kids even worry!
This week was actually pretty unproductive, in comparison to the majority of my other weeks in the mission. But, we did have a few lessons with the familia Pichun, who are all less active, except the mom Rosa, who has been investigating the church for a long time, and can't be baptized because she isn't married and has a lot of trials that are stopping her from making this step. But, we taught a really cooooool lesson with Lourdes about Joseph Smith and the Restoration of the church. She is 12 and super smart and has awesome questions. The reason that she doesn't go to church is because somebody offended her.... BUMMER! silly people, just don't get offended!... So we are working a lot with them on finding their faith and remembering the covenants that they made with our Heavenly Father. So Lourdes started asking about the priesthood because she didn't understand why all other churches would be incorrect, if they all teach about Jesus... we went back to teach her about the priesthood and it turned out really good. So, we are going to start focusing on them more and helping them get back to church! yay for reactivation...
Also, Anahi and Gustavo are progressing so much. The only trial we are having now is waiting for the registro civil to open up again so that they can get married and baptized... for crying out loud!! But, they are so excited and always pray that everything will go well so that they can get married and baptized. Are you kidding me! My heart feels like it is going to explode everytime I am with them. So much happiness. I love them so dang muuuch. I just want to hug their guts out... is that too much? alright but anyways. 
we have the challenge in the mission to read the book of mormon before general conference... can I just say that I am having the hardest time understand the isaiah chapters in spanish? I already don't understand in english... haha so also keep me in your prayers that I will be smarter. but, good news, my zone leader called the other night and thought i was Hermana Soto.. he told me that I already speak like a mexican... hahaha COOL DUDE. (:

much love. just trying to follow Jesus<3
xoxo
Hermana Terry





it's not even windy here in zapala....


hi, just eating empanadas in the penshhh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment