Monday, March 16, 2015

Anahi and Gustavooo





I just want to report a couple of super great miracles that I have seen this week! First of all, we had a lesson with Anahi and Gustavo, and we invited them to be baptized this Saturday, instead of the 14th, and to live the law of chastity for one week before they are able to be married. they accepted and are now members of the church. Anahi is staying with her mom this week and Gustavo in his own house. They are truly converted, because they didn't have any doubts or problems, but they just want to keep all of the commandments that they can. I feel too blessed to know them and have learned a lot from their faith and obedience. I cant even begin to explain the changes I have felt and seen in Anahi and Gustavo, and to have seen them be baptized this weekend and to start to live the law of chastity, makes me want to die from too much happiness. It's like having kids, I think. Because we have helped them from the beginning and see so many changes and accomplishments from them. And they were finally baptized!!! Then, on Sunday, they shared their testimonies in the sacrament meeting and it was seriously amazing to see their changes. Ahhh love them too much.
Also, this week, we have been studying the talk Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ  by Gene R. Cook and I am amazed at all of the little and BIG things that come from faith. I already knew that, but when I read it again and started to think about all of the things that come from a little bit of faith, I know that the Lord blesses us immensely with everything that we need. So, we put it into practice right after the zone training... while looking at the calendar in the zone training, i had an overwhelming feeling that on march 21, Rosa Pichun would be baptized. We prayed as a zone and I had tears in my eyes, just knowing that she would be baptized. After much time of waiting (since about 1986...) she has wanted to be baptized, but for the lack of being married and having somewhere else to go, she hasn't been able to, or maybe hasn't shown enough faith in the Lord... We went to her house right away after the training and we explained what we had felt. We invited her to think about it and think about the sacrifice that she would have to make. She explained that she had received a job offer to watch and take care of a neighbor from 9Pm until 7Am every day of the week. Which would mean that she wouldn't be sleeping in her house, and wouldn't be breaking the law of chastity. It was another testimony to me that the Lord really blesses us when we put ALL of our faith in HIM. Not in others, or ourselves, but in Him. So, she came to church very ready to keep her committments and be baptized in two weeks. I am so happy to be here right now. 

Everything is going well with Hermana Soto and I. I continue learning from her wisdom and testimony. She is super funny and we are becoming best friends. I am so graetful for the opportunity I have to train her. I have learned more from her I think, than her from me. what a blessing the Lord has given me to be with her in the beginning of her super successful journey. I invite you guys to read the talk "Faith in The Lord Jesus Christ" by Gene R. Cook this week and try to apply your faith in ALL things, at ALL times. 

Keep being good! Love you so much, hope you are all having a super awesome and happy week. 
xoxo
Hermana Terryyyyy




No comments:

Post a Comment