Sunday, September 21, 2014

tired = good

What a week! We had so much success this week, it was awesome. And we are very tired, which means that we are doing something right! (: I can´t believe that I am already done with my first transfer in the mission. It is passing so fast. We started off great this week with a family home evening at Bishop Sandovals house, with two less actives! We shared 1 Cor. 12 about the different parts of the body and how we as members of the church work together and we need everyone to make this church whole. It was really fun and we set another noche de hogar with the two less actives. Wahoo! 
I was studying my setting apart blessing this week and it spoke specifically about working with less active and inactive members during my mission. It gave me a renewed energy to contact and work with the less active members of our ward. I am really happy here in Alto 1, and I am having a lot of spiritual growth. I really can´t complain about the work here, it is moving on, that´s for sure! One experience that I want to share is with a woman named Corina. She and her family are inactive, and for who knows why! Her testimony is solid. She is a sassy little woman, and I love her! haha we are very similar, and I feel comfortable talking to her. With some people, I just click and I can easily talk to them, with others, I am more timid and kinda nervous to talk to, I don´t know why... Anyways, we went to her house and shared a video by elder Holland about how we are literally engraved in the hands of Christ. We talked about how we need to remember Him always, and give thanks for the good things and blessings that we have in our lives, and not only turn to him when we have struggles. (Thanks to my homeboy Elder Bristol! I totally quoted your letter that I received in the MTC, you rock (: ) It turned out to be really powerful and we invited her to say the closing prayer. She asked if we could kneel, because she really needed to give it her all. She started crying in the first sentence and just poured her heart out. What an experience. Hernana Hendry told me that no other missionary could get her to do that, and that I am the missionary she needed... I am just trying to love everyone, but I hope that in my time here, she starts coming back to church, because wow, I love her! and theres not a better feeling than seeing a less active or nonmember that we visited in the week at church... ah, my heart! So we will see. 
Also, this week we visited a woman who feeds us lunch on Wednesdays.. Her mom just passed away this past week. We passed by to see how she is doing. Normally she is pretty closed off, and she is also kind of sassy, just really blunt, which I love. But she is SO hard to understand for me, she talks under her breath and doesn´t anunciate (?sp)... I shared some experiences I had when Aunt Caroline passed away and some stuff that Dad shared with me last week about how we can know through prayer that our loved ones are being received into the heavens. I couldn´t even speak without crying because I remember how heavy my heart was in my experiences, I can´t even imagine losing my mom. So we did our best  but I think she felt how much we love her. She cried telling us about her experience.. ah man, I have a lump in my throat right now.. hah I just love her and I love the plan of salvation!!!!
All is well with Hna. Hendry and I, we are still working together well and always looking for ways to improve our teaching skills. This week, we focused a lot on street contacting, in order to find more people who are ready to hear the gospel. We don´t know who is ready, and we could be passing them all day! So, anytime an appointment fell through, or we had extra time in between citas, we talked to everyone we could that was walking or outside in their yards. It was really cool, and I am feeling more comfortable with street contacting now.

Ah, I can´t even explain all the good things that happened this week, but The Lord is with us and I love being a missionary! No matter how tired I am at the end of the day. Love you guys. Be safe, follow Jesus, study the scriptures.. and just love everyone. that´s most important(:

xoxo
Hermana Terry





My favorite family.. la familia Caro.  Noelia and Jaquelin are preparing for their missions and they always help us do divisions.. ah they are the best. and the best sunday male no doubt!!

Obispo y Hermana Sandoval. Love them!!

Sleeping issues man.. a cat came into our room and peed on my sleeping bag.. haha so Jaqelin was washing it for me, and I slept in my coat and my robe.. not too shabby eh?


Hermana Ponce, the funniest, tiniest little lady!  She is a hoot

No comments:

Post a Comment