Sunday, July 13, 2014

Some Nights.....

"Some nights I stay up, cashing in my bad luck... some nights I call it a draw."

You guys, this week. jaja I don't even know where to begin. I'm HALF WAY DONE with my MTC time. Isn't that crazy? I think it is, time is moving so fast. 

There are many trials that we get to face everyday, but there are also so many miracles we are blessed with. Let me explain why I chose to quote "Some Nights" by F.U.N. 
First, Hermana Christensen and I are quite the companionship, we are the best of friends. She is such a blessing to me. There were two nights this week that we stayed up talking about all the things, and we are so similar! It's awesome. One night (well, most nights), we broke into song... because I said something about "some nights I don't want to... whatever" and she started singing that song. As I thought about it more, I realized that at night, I look at all the things that frustrated me, that made me upset, that I thought was hard and other various trials I have in the MTC and being a missionary. Not because I am focusing on all the negative, but because I am trying to find things I can change and improve about myself, and hopefully to be a better example of Christ and uplift those around me. And some nights, I don't want to write in my journal or wash my face or brush my teeth because I'm so tired. I just don't want to... jaja (no fear, I always brush my teeth!) 
I had a lot of trials this week, but I can say that so many of my prayers were answered! I can say there are few things awesome-r (jajaj my english is horrible...) than conquering and overcoming a trial, no matter how big or small. 
This past week, Hermana Christensen and I felt like we had some contention with our elders, and things were kind of rocky. Focusing on our work was hard, and we couldn't stay together like a good district should. So, we prayed multiple times a day to have more love and patience with our elders. As the week progressed, I felt like there was more tension. But, the devotional last night is just what we needed! It brought the spirit so strongly and completely answered our prayers. All of our elders stayed awake (that never happens!), and then in our short amount of time to review, I know we all strengthened each others testimonies and there was so much unity. We just followed the spirit and we all decided it was time to make a change. It was such a spiritual experience, and a testimony to me that God answers our prayers, not in the ways that we expect, but we will always get an answer. I'm so thankful to be a missionary. I love our zone, my district, my companion, and our presidency. 
Our devotional last night was by.... NEIL L ANDERSON. HOLLA! Another apostle of God right in front of my face. We are so blessed here at the MTC! It was all about the spirit, what a blessing it is to have a member of the godhead with us at all times, and how we can better listen and follow the promptings. It was so awesome. The whole place was just bursting with the Holy Ghost. That's one of the best things about the MTC, it's always spiritual and I can always feel the spirit. 
Here are ten "signs of the spirit" from Elder Andersons talk: 
1. intellect and emotion are involved
2. your heart is believing and anticipating
3. you'll get direction without explanation, with specific words in your mind
4. you'll connect doctrine with your personal life
5. the spirit is strengthened as our desires are educated
6. it extends the power of conscience
7. it is confirmed by priesthood leadership
8. it cannot be forced; await in patience
9. it comes at times, "Line upon line", leaving some to wait for answers
10. it often comes as you speak or write
"But I still wake up, I still see your ghost. Oh Lord, I still don't know what I stand for..."
I will always keep pushing forward. I will do my very best to never give up and do everything I can to reach my full potential in being a disciple of Christ... you should do the same (: Like, "Some Nights", I wake up every morning at 6:30, I push forward. I am able to feel the spirit, and sometimes I get caught up, but I know what I stand for. I am a representative of Jesus Christ and I get to put His name on my chest every week. Internalize that name. Put His name on your heart everyday so that everyone can see your light of Christ.
My challenge this week is to follow the spirit. Be in a place and do the things that will allow the spirit to be with you. It is a blessing to have the gift of the Holy Ghost. We get a MEMBER OF THE GODHEAD with us at all times, if we allow it! How amazing of our Heavenly Father to allow this. Why would we ever do something that would drive the spirit away? I don't know, I'm trying to be better at always allowing the spirit to be with me (: The spirit encourages us to change and to repent. If you get feelings that you need to change, it's not just your mind telling  you that you suck at life. haha It's Heavenly Father prompting you through the spirit to change so you can reach your divine potential! So, pray your hearts out to have the spirit. pray, pray, pray! It is such a blessing. I know that God will answer your prayers. I know that the spirit testifies of truth and righteousness. 
Thank you for all the support! Much love, I am seriously so grateful. Thanks for all the emails! I only get Dear Elders from my mom, so I'm expecting more this week (; jajaj chiste... love love love you all!
xoxo
Hermana Terry



 P days are rough...hahah Hma C and I are nutty also.

we had so much fun celebrating the 4th! A special devotional, fireworks and ice cream. always a good time


 our cute zone before one of our districts left to mexico.. no worries, we are getting TEN ELDERS today!! ahhhh crazy


my favorites, elders Merling and Garnett! They left this week :( but I will see them again for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment